DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Introduction At Higher Towers, we know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously. By visiting the Higher Towers website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
In this Data Protection Policy, we explain how we collect and use your personal information. ‘We’ are Higher Towers Limited and we are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
We only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, and this policy explains what our lawful basis is in respect of each purpose for which we keep and use information about you.
Generally, we are allowed to process your personal information where it is necessary in connection with a contract between us (such as to provide you our services or products), where it is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations, where we have a legitimate interest to do so (but we will always consider whether your right to privacy overrides our interest), or where you have given consent.
Personal Information we collect about you and how it is collected
You are not required (by law or by any contract with us) to provide personal information to us via this website. We will only require you to provide personal information to us where it is necessary for us to provide with a service at your request. Information you provide to us We may receive personal information about you whenever you contact us. For example, by doing the following:
• Enquiring about our products or services
• Using and browsing our website
• Telephoning, texting writing by post or emailing us
This information may include the following:
• Your name
• Phone number
• Email address
• Credit/debit card details
• Company name
Information about the recipient if you decide to order the delivery at the different address (their name and address)
Additional information relevant to your use of our site and services, such as your marketing preferences, survey responses and feedback
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
Information we collect about you on our website We don’t currently utilise cookies on our website. When you visit our website, we may collect the following information:
• The User Agent (device) details supplied by your internet browser
• Your password for this website and login
• A device identifier (cookie or IP address) and general location for fraud prevention
• Browser type and version
• Time zone setting
• Browser plug-in types and versions
• Operating system and platforms
• Details about your visits including but not limited to the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”), clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits of certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other data Information we collect about you from other sources
We do not collect information about you from other sources.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Information we receive about you from other sources
Sometimes you will have given your consent for other websites, services or third parties to provide information to us. This could include information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites that we operate or the other services that we provide, in which case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
It could also include information from third parties that we work with to provide our products and services, such as payment processors, delivery companies, technical support companies and advertising companies. Whenever we receive information about you from these third parties, we will let you know what information we have received and how and why we intend to use it.
How and why we use your personal information
The table below explains what we use (process) your personal information for and our reasons for doing so
If you place an order with us, we may use your email address to send you our best offers and recommendations. You can unsubscribe or change your email preferences at any time. By entering your email address you agree you would like to receive marketing materials from us. We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see table above). This means we do not usually need your consent to send your promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
Sharing your personal information
Sharing your information within our company and group
We share the information that you provide to us with our staff so that we can provide our products and services to you.
We may share the information that you provide to us with other companies within the group and other websites that we operate.
Sharing your information with third parties
We may share your personal information with selected third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
• Internet hosting providers to host the website, related infrastructure, services and applications
• Couriers to provide courier services
• Contact management systems to send emails, instant messages, social media messages and SMS messages
There are certain exceptional circumstances in which we may disclose your information to third parties.
This would be where we believe that the disclosure is:
• Required by the law, or in order to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal or regulatory proceedings
• Necessary to protect the safety of our employees, our property or the public
• Necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, including exchanging information with other companies or organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• Proportionate as part of a merger, business or asset sale, in the event that this happens we will share your information with the prospective seller or buyer involved
How long your personal information will be kept
We will only store your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected. Where we provide you with any service, we will retain any information you provide to us at least for as long as we continue to provide that service to you.
How do we protect your personal information
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Data Protection Policy.
We try to ensure that all information you provide to us is transferred securely via the website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email, call or write to us.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection
Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of Data Protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at or telephone 0303 123 1113.
Changes to our Data Protection Policy Any changes we make to our Data Protection Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Data Protection Policy.